Whilst we cannot be in school during the current lockdown, Woodcote boys are continuing their education via our online learning programme.
The programme is continually reviewed by our Director of Studies and Pastoral Care team. Parent and staff feedback is always welcome.
Remote Learning Programme
Interactive live lessons
- Small class sizes to encourage participation online
- Uniform to be worn for all live lessons
- School day between 8.30am and 4.00pm
- Prep or activities from 4.15pm
- 4 hours of live curriculum subjects every day (3 lessons in the morning, 2 lessons in the afternoon)
- 2 hours off screen for exercise and lunch in the middle of the day
- Tasks set and returned for marking in ‘Assignments’ on Microsoft Teams
- Live lessons in all core subjects plus Music, Art, Drama, DT, Coding and PSHE every week
- Extra-curricular activities have included Scavenger Hunts, Brainteaser Challenges, Dragon’s Den, NASA Space Club.
- Assembly with the Headmaster every Monday at 8.45am
- Live activities change weekly and notified to parents via weekly email.
Accessible teaching support
- Registration and Tutor Group periods to be used for notices and questions to tutors
- Additional sessions with SENCO and EAL Tutor set during timetabled lessons
- Parent support and guidance from Tutors and the Headmaster for all Senior School interviews and examinations
- Senior School interview and assessment practice with Mr Nick
- Optional additional sessions for virtual musical instrument lessons
Inclusive collaborative learning
- Use of Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- Collaborative working spaces in lessons via Microsoft Class Notebook
- Class social time with Form Tutors
It amazes me how much can be covered – I feel that my son hasn’t been impacted academically by online learning at all! I cannot be happier with the online provision – thank you to everyone at Woodcote, we are so grateful!
The lessons they are producing each day are always engaging and fun, which is an extremely difficult thing to achieve on-line. Woodcote are head and shoulders above other schools in the way they are offering online learning and how they are supporting the boys. We are so grateful.