VACANCY: SCHOOL MATRON
Woodcote House School is looking for a School Nurse to join their team. The School Nurse takes responsibility for all medical matters within the school and also works with a team of residential Matrons. S/He will also work closely with the Head of Boarding, Head of Pastoral and those pupils who board on a full or part time basis.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required:
• A Registered General Nursing qualification RGN/RSC
• Must be organised and be able to work autonomously
• Good interpersonal skills and professional confidence, with an understanding of when confidentiality is required
• Works well as a team and independently
• Computer literate, excellent record keeping and good organisational skills are vital to this role
• To determine whether a student needs to be excused or return to class when feeling unwell, with a strong emphasis on remaining in school
• Contacting parents in a timely manner
• Informs and advises parents when a referral to a GP or other professional is required
• Provides a responsive ‘call out’ service for all emergencies and request Emergency Services where appropriate
• Provides and maintains first aid kits on school premises
• Provides appropriate first aid kits and trip medication kits for field trips, adjusting contents according to grade level, activity and length of time away from campus.
• Arranges a schedule of vaccination dates and timetables.
• Be present at matches and other school events in case of injury or illness.
• Managing Flu and HPV immunisation clinics
• Managing and administering medication and first aid to boys and staff
• There are additional processes being undertaken during the Covid 19 Pandemic which the School Nurse will be heavily involved in, such as taking of temperatures daily, providing advice on Infection Control and managing symptoms when/if they appear. Liaising with LHA/PHE should this be required and subsequent decision making with the Headmaster and Bursar, with regular communication with parents.
This position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Please contact Danielle Ramage: email – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01276 472115 for more information.